Friday

Dave Farrish

Dave Farrish played in 430 NHL games with the Quebec Nordiques, New York Rangers and the Leafs. He scored 17 goals, 110 assists and 127 points in his career. He won the Eddie Shore award as the top defenseman in the American League in 1982, but at the NHL level he was a decent depth level defenseman with a strong first pass out of the zone.

Farrish got a lot of attention in junior hockey with the Sudbury Wolves, as he was defensive partner of Randy Carlyle. Carlyle was a coveted defenseman out of junior who went on to star in the NHL, winning the Norris Trophy as the league's top defenseman in 1981.

Interestingly, Farrish and Carlyle were not only a dominant defensive pairing but life long best friends. Both would go on to long coaching careers. When Carlyle was hired as the head coach of the Anaheim Ducks, he brought Farrish along too. The duo helped the Ducks win the Stanley Cup in 2007.

"Randy's like family to me, and I would assume I'm like that to him," explained Farrish to HHOF.com. "We have cottages four doors apart on Manitoulin Island and we've got houses about a five-minute walk apart in Anaheim. I'm very blessed that he saw something in me that encouraged him to bring me to the Ducks. I'm indebted to him forever for the opportunity!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP